How to set up family vaults

Options
BillInPoint
BillInPoint
Community Member

In family, my wife has all vaults turned on, but only sees our Shared stuff and all my stuff (none of hers). This must not be a sync problem, since she sees everything I have done, but I suppose must be a vault problem. Do we each have a Personal vault and a Private vault? Should I create a vault for me and another for her, and not use Private and Personal? If I did that, would 1Password sync all the vaults across all our Mac devices (they’re all on our Wi-Fi)? Then, she could just choose to see her vault and our Shared vault, and I could do similarly. Or, is there a better way?

1Password Version: Mac7
Extension Version: Current
OS Version: 12.1
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BillInPoint: Each family member you invite has their own Personal/Private vault which only they can access, in addition to any other vaults shared with them. The default Shared vault is accessible to all family members, and you can also create additional vaults which can be shared with one, all, or none of your loved ones. Is she signed into her 1Password.com account in Preferences > Accounts? Does she have some vaults hidden from the All Vaults view in Preferences > Vaults?

• BillInPoint
    BillInPoint
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: Thx for the quick answer. I didn’t describe the problem well enough. On her Mac laptop, all is well; she has created a number of logins, etc., and can see them fine, on her laptop. But on her iPhone, she doesn’t see her vault when she selects the key symbol above the keyboard. I have Keychain access turned off on her phone (and 1Password on, of course). Yes, she is signed in to her account. Should her vaults preferences be shared, personal, and private? When it is, she sees my personal stuff.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BillInPoint: If she's seeing only your stuff, that would be because she's signed into your 1Password.com account. Did you invite her so she could create one of her own?

This discussion has been closed.