To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Sync Options with Subscription - Individual & Family Plans?

TimSchumann
TimSchumann
Community Member

Can't find a clear answer on this, so apologies if this has been asked and answered before but...

I'm on the old standalone version of 1Password and thinking of upgrading to the subscription model for a family plan. But I really enjoy the syncing through Dropbox feature and don't want to lose it.

I'm wondering if syncing via dropbox is available via the subscription model, and if you plan on continuing to support it in the future.

I'm fine with paying the monthly subscription, I just want to choose the method of sync myself.

Thanks!

Tim

1Password Version: N/A
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: N/A
Sync Type: Dropbox?

Comments

• arturoaubry
    arturoaubry
    Community Member

Hey, Tim!

I don't think you can sync with Dropbox once you've gone through the subscription path, because in this case, the 1Password account is precisely the way you sync up all of your data.

If you want to add other devices and family members, they'd all have to go through the 1Password account. And if I'm honest, I've tried both and it's more convenient to have it centralized ilon a single secure log in.

Anything else, let us know.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@TimSchumann: You could still use a local vault and sync it with Dropbox while using 1Password.com for everything else, but I don't recommend it. It's much more convenient and secure to share vaults using 1Password Families:

Share passwords in 1Password Families

With Dropbox, you'd need to configure sync for each individual vault on each device of yours, and family members would need to do the same as well. With 1Password Families, everyone just signs into their account in the app and they can access all of their data -- including any vaults shared with them: no setup required.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• fbutter
    fbutter
    Community Member

I want to use syncing via Dropbox besides using 1Password.com. I use it with other devices in this way. The option is not shown in anew iPad. How to enablethe option? Yes, I‘m aware that some are „not recommending“ this approach. I just want to know, how it is technically set up.

• Yes, I‘m aware that some are „not recommending“ this approach. I just want to know, how it is technically set up.

Again, we really don't recommend this.

The option is not shown in anew iPad. How to enablethe option?

1Password > Settings > Vaults > Enable Standalone Vaults

and if you plan on continuing to support it in the future.

I can't promise that.

If you have further questions about this please feel free to reach out to us at support@1password.com. Thanks. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.