delete version 7 not working. says extensions in use. used control opt com q after following instr

Options
kmbg
kmbg
Community Member

i have a license for 1password 6 stand alone. Couldn't get it installed. Accidentally did trial version, then after 30 days, account is frozen. Accidentally upgraded to version 7. Now I followed the instructions to reset all 1password data, and quit using control, option, command Q. then tried to trash version 7. Says extensions are still in use. Can you help with that, and then how to get my version 6 standalone set up?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:delete version 7 not working. says extensions in use. used control opt com q after following instr

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kmbg - 1Password 7 for Mac ships with Safari App Extensions required by Safari 12. So, if Safari is still open, you won't be able to delete 1Password 7 for Mac. Please make sure you've quit Safari as well as Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), then try deleting again by dragging 1Password 7 for Mac to the trash.

Once that's done successfully, you should be able to re-install 1Password 6 for Mac and pick up right where you left off. Unless you specifically deleted it via the file system itself, your 1Password 6 for Mac data will be exactly as you left it. Just re-install the app, and on first launch, you should see the lock screen.

• kmbg
    kmbg
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, I was able to get rid of 1password 7. My account is still frozen in 6. I was in the process of trying to upgrade from an older version when I did the trial and it expired, and has left me frozen. So how do I get 1password 6 up and running as a standalone program?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kmbg - if you're using 1Password 6 for Mac with ONLY the 1password.com account currently, open Preferences > Advanced and check the box marked "Allow creation of vaults outside 1Password accounts." You'll be required to enter your Master Password and then to create a new Master Password for the standalone Primary vault you're creating (I recommend using the same one, assuming you think it's strong and not compromised). This will create a standalone Primary vault. Migrate your data over from the 1password.com account into the Primary vault (create additional vaults as needed if you had multiple vaults in your 1password.com account), and then click Preferences > Accounts, select your account and click the minus button to remove it. You'll now be running ONLY your standalone vault(s). Apply your license file as you've done in the past, and you should be good to go.

• kmbg
    kmbg
    Community Member
    Options

I open the 1password app to run the program. I don't really know if i have a 1password.com account

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kmbg I'm confused. In your previous reply, you said "My account is still frozen in 6," but in this most-recent reply, you say "I don't really know if i have a 1password.com account." If you don't know whether you have an account, how do you know your account's frozen? I'm not trying to be argumentative, I truly don't understand what you're saying.

Are you able to open (unlock) 1Password 6 for Mac? If so, what do you see when you do so, if you click Preferences > Vaults? Please let me know the number and names of the vaults you see there, if you're able to unlock 1Password 6 for Mac. If that's not what you're experiencing, please let me know what you DO see. Feel free to take a screenshot of what you’re seeing and include it in a reply here, if that’s easier.

• kmbg
    kmbg
    Community Member
    Options

I thought a 1password.com account is when people pay by the month and can be used over multiple platforms.
    I have had 1password for a long time as an app you purchase one time and upgrade.
    I can open 1password 6, but the account is frozen, because I probably downloaded it as a trial version for the one you pay monthly, instead of doing the upgrade in the correct way.
    I can get into 1password 6, but everything is frozen. In preferences>local vaults i put a checkmark in the local vaults, to allow creation of vaults outside of 1password accounts, as you suggested earlier.
    see screenshots
    sorry for not being clear. I don't completely understand the difference in 1password platforms

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kmbg

I thought a 1password.com account is when people pay by the month and can be used over multiple platforms.

Correct.

I have had 1password for a long time as an app you purchase one time and upgrade.

Did you purchase via the Mac App Store or did you purchase directly from us?

• kmbg
    kmbg
    Community Member
    Options

Directly from agilebits

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kmbg - OK, thanks for the clarification. Now, just follow these instructions to move your items over from the Personal vault of your 1password.com account to the Primary vault, and then visit Preferences > Accounts and click the minus button to remove your 1password.com account. That will leave you with only your Primary (standalone) vault. Then just apply your license for 1Password 6 for Mac, and you'll be all set.

• kmbg
    kmbg
    Community Member
    Options

after opening the vault and selecting an item, the only option in step 3 in is to print. There is no move/copy option

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kmbg - please use the section below the one you're using; the one entitled Move or copy items in the apps.

• kmbg
    kmbg
    Community Member
    Options

I do not see any option for move/copy. When I select that icon, the only option is to print. See attachment .

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kmbg - you're still not using the app, you're using a browser signed into 1password.com. Please use 1Password for Mac on your Mac to accomplish this, NOT 1Password.com.

• kmbg
    kmbg
    Community Member
    Options

I believe I finally got it. Thank you for your help

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kmbg - awesome! I'm glad I was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.