Reused login warning on MacBook Pro, but not iPhone

Options
guitarsr
guitarsr
Community Member

Red banner appears when selecting any login on my laptop, but not my iphone:
Reused password
Don’t use the same password on multiple websites. Generate a unique password to improve security.

I use the password generator to create unique passwords for every login, and do not re-use them. If I change a password, the banner no longer appears for that login

Is this a known app glitch? What, if any, action should I take?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: iPhone 7.2.2 macbook pro 7.2.1
OS Version: ios 12.1; OSX 10.14.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@guitarsr - I'm sorry for the confusion. You indicated you're using "7" as your version of 1Password for Mac, but you weren't more specific than that. I suspect (correct me if I'm wrong) that you're not using the very first 7.0 version still -- and if you are, you should upgrade. But we have indeed made some changes to how Reused Passwords are displayed in 1Password for Mac, in the latest beta. If you're good with running beta software, you can grab a copy of the most-recent beta at this link. If you'd prefer to wait for the next stable release that includes the same fixes, it shouldn't be too much longer (barring anything truly weird/bad). If you're going to install the beta, make sure you Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu) first. Hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.