Share some info but not not all

ljrkrispes
ljrkrispes
Community Member

I have all family members airline FF accounts in my Personal Vault. I would like to share each person's account with their vault. Is there an easy way to do this without having to reenter all data? And will any change either person makes in the account sync with both my Personal vault and their Vault? thanks....

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:How do I share some accounts/passwords across several family members

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ljrkrispes: It took me a minute to figure out what "FF" meant besides "Firefox", but I got it. ;)

The answer to your question is "no", it isn't possible to do what you're proposing. Each person's Personal/Private vault is ever only accessible to them, and an item can only live in a single vault at a time (anything else is just a copy).

However, you can accomplish your goal -- "Share some info but not not all" -- in a different way: you can create additional vaults to share with some, all, or none of your family members. So it sounds like what you need to do is create a few, one to share with each of those people. It sounds like a bit of a pain now if you really only want to share a single item, but with it setup for that purpose, any time you need to share something else with that same person you can just drop a new item in the existing vault shared with them and you're done. It might not come up often, but it is really handy when it does. Let me know what you think. :)

This discussion has been closed.