Problem with iOS 12 with multiple logins for same domain name

scotty321
scotty321
Community Member
edited November 2018 in iOS

So here is a strange problem with the new Password Autofill functionality of iOS 12.

Some websites are strange, like booker.com. For every business that uses booker.com as their appointment booking software, we are required to setup a NEW LOGIN for each business on booker.com.

Booker.com distinguishes each login based on the suffix after the domain name.

So for example, our hair salon login would be at:
booker.com/ourhairsalon

And our veterinarian login would be at:
booker.com/ourvetname

And our dentist login would be at:
booker.com/dentist

But booker.com is crazy and requires a new username & password for each one of those. But the username is always your email address!

So for each website above, we’ve got the same email address as the username... but a different password.

This is typically fine, because we’ve assigned each login a unique name in 1Password.

But, when using iOS 12’s Autofill feature, it doesn’t show us the unique name that we assigned to each login in 1Password... it shows us the username, which is the same in all of the above because it is our email address.

In other words, iOS 12 shows us a list of logins for booker.com, but they all have the same name because it’s listing them by username (i.e. our email address) instead of the unique name we assigned in 1Password.

So we can’t distinguish one login from another when using iOS 12’s Password Autofill feature. (However, everything is fine if we use iOS 11’s 1Password Safari extension instead.)

The quick fix for this would be for us to go thru all of our booker.com logins and assign them the same password.

Another quick fix would be for us to always use the Safari extension.

But an even better fix would be if 1Password could show us the unique names when using iOS 12’s Password Autofill. :)

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@scotty321: Thank you for the detailed explanation! I'd definitely recommend against using the same password for all of those logins! While 1Password cannot control what is displayed for iOS 12 Password Autofill (that's handled solely by the OS), you can tap "1Password..." (you may need to tap the "key" icon first) to bring up 1Password's UI, and that will show you the titles you have saved there. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! Cheers! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.