Autofill for Windows apps

Hello,
I'd like 1Password to fill in username and password into Windows Apps. Currently, I'm specifically thinking of Putty, but others will become relevant later.
I know this feature used to be there in 1Password 4 for Windows. But I can't find any updated guide on the topic.
Please don't tell me this feature was removed. Or was it? And will it come back?
Or - if it's still there: Can you point me to an updated article on how to use it?

Thanks a lot and best regards!

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Don't think that matters, does it?
OS Version: Windows 10 Fall 2018 Update
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:autofill for windows apps

Comments

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member

Hi @the_swissionary,

Thanks for writing in.

It's not yet implemented for the newer 7th version but it is coming in a future update. For now, you can use our basic implementation called Type in Window, which will evolve into Auto-Type later. https://support.1password.com/getting-started-windows/#use-1password-mini-to-fill-in-apps

• Hello! Ah yes, this will do as a workaround for now. However, please do keep working at re-implementing the old-style autofill for apps in Windows. I miss that one. :)
    Best and good luck!

Team Member

Yep, we will re-implement almost all features that 1Password 4 have as fast as humanly possible but we want to take the time to do it right.

• Just weighing in here - I'm also looking forward to this feature being re-implemented!

Team Member

👍 Thanks for letting us know.

• Hey, I'm also looking forward for Fill in Apps. I think it's the main feature missing right now.

Would it be possible to add a keyboard shortcut for Type in Window in the meantime?

• bundtkatebundtkate

Team Member

We're a bit strapped for available shortcuts as it is, @gamma6, which is one reason we reused Ctrl + \ in 1Password 4. That shortcut needs to be free globally and there aren't a ton of those. All the same, I'll be sure to pass the request along and we'll see what we can do. :chuffed:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file