wifi sync not working (MacOS and iOS)

Options
beauford
beauford
Community Member

Hello,

since a few days the sync is not working between my iPhone 7 (iOS 12.1, 1Password 7.2.2) and my Macbook Pro (MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 1Password 6.8.9).
(I use 1Password since many years and the Wifi sync used to work well before.)

I have to say that it makes me a bit nervous when there is an issue with the sync, I'm afraid that data could get lost, which would be quite a disaster.

I hope you can help me out here.

Thanks and best regards,
beauford

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:wifi

Comments

• beauford
    beauford
    Community Member
    Options

I have already restarted my Macbook and my iPhone as well as my WiFi router.
    I have also deactivated and then reactivated the WiFi sync on my iPhone.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@beauford: Can you be more specific than "not working"? Are you getting an error? If so, let me know, as that could point to the cause. In the mean time, please follow the steps in this guide, as they'll help either resolve the issue to narrow down the problem you're having:

If you’re having trouble using the WLAN server

Let me know what you find.

• beauford
    beauford
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty thanks for the reply.
    Regarding your link I did already everything except step 7.

Regarding the problem, the sync is just taking forever without stopping (the sand clock like wheel in the menubar of the iPhone is turning and turning...). After a long time I get the message (in German): "Synchronisierung fehlgeschlagen: Es gibt eine Verzögerung beim Synchronisieren von 5 Minuten, die das Maximum von 5 Minuten überschritten. 1Password hat ein Problem festgestellt."

• Ben
    Options

@beauford

The only thing I could suggest outside of what is outlined in the guide would be to:

1. Export your data using your Mac to a 1PIF file (please note this file is not encrypted).
    2. Reset 1Password on all devices. On iOS this can be accomplished by uninstalling and reinstalling. On Mac this can be done by selecting Help > Troubleshooting > Reset 1Password Data from the lock screen (1Password must be locked).
    3. Launch 1Password for Mac and create a new standalone vault.
    4. Import the 1PIF file into the new vault.
    5. Create a new standalone vault in 1Password for iOS (scroll down on the welcome screen to see the option).
    6. Set up syncing: Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps!

Ben

• beauford
    beauford
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @Ben, I followed your guide and reset 1Password. Now it seems to work again. I will watch it during the next days...

Thanks for the support!

beauford

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.