1Password 7 for Windows stopped syncing to 1password.com

Options
pietervanwijngaarden
pietervanwijngaarden
Community Member
edited November 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Update: never mind. The good old 'did you turn it off and on again' did the trick it seems... :)

Hi,

I have only recently started using a 1password.com subscription. My Mac client(s) all seem to work fine, but I have syncing issues: I have a few credentials entered on Windows which didn't sync and vice versa. I'm not sure when it started.

When reviewing the logs on the Window client I'm seeing:

Network request #8.245 failed in 84.010ms, status ConnectFailure (Unable to connect to the remote server)
plus some other related messages of course.

This clearly seems to suggest to me what the issue is, I just don't know how to resolve it :).

Some other details:

• my Windows machine has normal internet connectivity, although it is behind a web/HTTP proxy (zscaler).
  • A few weeks ago it synced normally (also during the app setup on Windows I was able to connect to my vaults without issues.
  • I tried entering the HTTP proxy details manually in Settings->Advanced, but that fails: it says that the proxy address is invalid. I've entered it as http://, https://, and just as , but it all fails.

I would love to get some help on this! Can I send a diagnostics report to a support engineer to dig a bit deeper (e.g. figure out if the client obeys the system proxy settings or not)? I haven't taken the Windows PC off the corporate network (it's a laptop) to figure out if it is network related, but it bothers me that the sync used to work (apparently over the corporate web proxy), but doesn't anymore..

Thanks in advance for your help!

With kind regards,
Pieter van Wijngaarden

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise, 10.0.16299
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• I'm glad the old trick worked, @pietervanwijngaarden. :chuffed: I get a fair number of eye rolls whenever I suggest a restart, but these sorts of jokes and stereotypes do arise for a reason. I feel we all have a quota of things that must be fixed by a restart so we're reminded it's actually a good troubleshooting step at times, despite its reputation. :lol:

Of course, if issues pop up again, or we can do anything else to help, you know where to find us. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.