1Password for windows desktop has stopped working since installling on new PC

Options

1Password worked on my previous surface pro with Windows 10 perfectly. Just upgraded to a new surface pro, Windows 10 and when 1 password launches after installation it immeadiately crashes with the message "1Password for windows desktop has stopped working".

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 7.2.581
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password for Windows desktop has stopped working

Comments

• Stimraug
    Stimraug
    Community Member
    Options

Hey GregF,

The 1Password people would probably be better able to help if you created a crash report from your PC, where you have this issue. Attach the report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle for ease of access.

You should receive an automated reply from their BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report.

Thanks.
    -Stim

• @GregF: @Stimraug is likely correct, but especially on a new PC, I do recommend first checking for Windows updates. Repeatedly. Until it stops offering them. Updating Windows a ton is part of the ritual of unboxing a new PC and pending Windows updates can lead to a crash. Plus, 1Password relies on some Windows components so Windows being outdated may prevent 1Password from working properly. If that doesn't help, definitely do as @Stimraug says and send us a crash report. I'll be better able to help with that in hand. :chuffed: Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.