Linux/Firefox blank labels in 1Password X

I'm using Firefox 63.0.1 on Fedora 29 x64 with an X session (Wayland isn't possible for me due to display driver problems). This has been a problem since at least 1Password X 1.12.0 and also happened on Fedora 28. Unfortunately I didn't pay as close attention to Firefox versions so I don't know if it also happened on Firefox 62. When the extension popup is showing, the labels for categories (Login, Credit Card, Passport, etc.) are blank. The icon is showing, but the label text is not. Everything else seems fine, the labels for Watchtower, Password Generator, and Favourites appear normally and the category labels work correctly when they're clicked. It's just the text for just the category labels is missing for some reason.

1Password Version: 1Password X
Extension Version: 1Password X 1.12.3
OS Version: Fedora 29 x64
Sync Type: 1Password X

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jgoguen,

I've found a conversation where a number of users reported that removing the 1Password X extension and reinstalling it would correct this issue. As a quick, immediate fix while we work on properly correcting the issue if it does help then our gut feeling is you won't experience it again. That could be wrong as our thinking about what the issue is may be wrong. Still, remove and reinstalling is probably worth a shot given it can be done quite quickly. I would be curious to learn if you find it helps or not.

• jgoguen
    jgoguen
    Community Member

I actually got the Firefox 63.0.3 update today and it seems to be working again. As well as my problem with the password generator not saving generated passwords. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jgoguen,

I can only assume the restart of Firefox that I assume was part of the updating was a contributing factor as I don't think we're aware of any specific issues with 63.0.1 that would explain what you were suffering. No doubt you'll be keeping a close eye on 1Password X so please let us know if you see the return of any of this unusual behaviour or indeed anything else that doesn't seem right.

• jgoguen
    jgoguen
    Community Member

This has persisted across lock/unlock cycles, browser restarts, extension uninstall/reinstall, at least two extension upgrades, and OS reboots. Maybe the browser upgrade cleaned something up though.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Whatever the reason, lets hope it's permanent and not a temporary reprieve :smile:

• jgoguen
    jgoguen
    Community Member

I was still seeing this on another laptop (same setup; Fedora 29, Firefox) but the upgrade didn't fix it. What I did do though, and now that I think about it I also did this on my other laptop after enabling 2fac, was remove my account from the extension and sign back in again. That fixed it without a browser restart.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @jgoguen - thanks for letting us know signing out and back in did the trick! We're working to fix the root of the problem so it doesn't interrupt your workflow in the future. Please don't hesitate to reach back out if you see it happen again.

This discussion has been closed.