reverting to 1Password6 from 1Password7 on Mac desktop.

Options
shakey
shakey
Community Member

My 1Password6 on my Mac desktop was automatically updated to 1Password7. I did not want for this to happen. How do I revert back to 1Password6?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX10.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:reverting to 1Password6 from 1Password7 on Mac desktop.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @shakey! I'm sorry for the trouble. We're not currently upgrading people automatically from 1Password 6 for Mac to 1Password 7 for Mac because version 7 is a new full-version upgrade and therefore requires either a 1password.com membership or the purchase of a new license for version 7.

If you have a 1password.com membership, then all new versions are included with your membership -- if that's the case, I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to upgrade. If you're a standalone user, you would not have been auto-updated from within 1Password for Mac. Can you tell me what specific steps you took, and whether your copy of version 6 was from the Mac App Store or from us? Thanks.

• itln
    itln
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, my mac "auto-updated" to 1password7 through the Mac App Store. It gave no warning of needing a paying membership with the update. Please give instructions on how to revert to 1Password6.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @itln! Please don't post the same exact message in multiple threads; it only slows the support experience for everyone including you. Thanks for your cooperation.

This discussion has been closed.