data not the same between Windows and iOS

Options

So I just noticed today when I was searching for a specific note that it was missing. When I searched for the same note on my iPhone 7 (latest iOS and app) it found the note with no problem. If I create a note on my iPhone it DOES show up on the PC but the PC stubbornly refuses to see all of the vault.

On my iPhone all items = 1053, on the PC its 837. on my iphone notes = 313 on my PC notes = 147

I have both a personal account sync'ed thru Dropbox and a 1Password account that I am signed into on my PC (at work Windows 10 v1803).

both the Windows and iOS versions are up to date and my iPhone has the latest iOS and my PC Windows 10 v 1803 and otherwise up to date with security and other patches.

I did note that the number of credit cards is shown correctly (7) but there are no credit cards in my 1Password (work) account. Documents, identities, bank accounts, databases, email accounts, memberships, passports, servers, SSN, software licenses & wireless routers are all correct.

I am flummoxed.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• thrint
    thrint
    Community Member
    Options

Anybody home?

I'd leave a diagnostic report but there seems to be no way to upload it...

• Hello, @thrint and apologies for the delay! We've been terribly busy of late and are having to fight a bit to keep up. You may not be able to answer this, but are these missing items in your 1Password account on iOS or in that Dropbox vault? I don't need exact item counts of what's missing where or anything and don't expect perfection by any means, but if you're able to identify a few items that are missing on Windows and get a feel for whether they're all items from your account or your Dropbox vault, that would help. Just your best guess is fine.

Also, can you confirm you do have both vaults on Windows? Press Ctrl + D and that will pop open your vault list. Your account vaults will show under your account name and your Dropbox vault will be under "On this PC" if both have been added.

Finally, given you mentioned this PC is at work – are you behind any firewalls or is there any anti-virus or other security software on this PC? Given it sounds like your account is through work as well, I'd not necessarily expect any interference since IT would likely ensure your security software isn't mucking with 1Password, if what's missing from Windows are items in your Dropbox vault, they may possibly not have accounted for that so it's a good thing to be aware of. :+1:

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.