Can a previously used password be deleted?

Options
martinliss
martinliss
Community Member

Can a password in the 'View Password History' list for a particular Login be deleted? It's not a big deal but in the case of one Login, a couple of changes were accidentally made to the password and when I realized and changed back to the correct password, the accidentally added ones were in the 'PREVIOUSLY USED PASSWORDS' list, and to avoid confusion I'd like to be able to delete them, but it doesn't seem to be possible.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_kevin
    edited November 2018
    Options

Hi @martinliss ,

Right now, they cannot be deleted. I have raised a request with the development team to consider adding that feature.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• martinliss
    martinliss
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@martinliss - on behalf of ag_kevin, you're quite welcome! I'm glad he was able to assist. :)

• bhusari
    bhusari
    Community Member
    Options

Was this considered in the development? Any updates when this will be available?

• bhusari
    bhusari
    Community Member
    Options

BTW, I am waiting for this in iOS app and Windows App.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bhusari!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

I can see how this could be useful to you, so while I cannot make any promises, I can tell you that the feedback has been shared internally already :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

• triggerx
    triggerx
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also trying to figure out how to make it easier to delete previous passwords.... but for a "different" reason.... I'm not so much worried about security, since, if you can get into my 1Password, then I've already lost security. I like to use the search functionality to see where I use similar "parts" of passwords on different sites.... like a core phrase that I may use often, and now want to change that core phrase.... anyway... when I do a search in the search box it also searches previously used passwords, making this task harder than it should be. So, I'd like to either be able to delete previously used passwords (umm... just like every other custom field in an entry... weird that those are "locked"), OR, I'd like for the search field to not search those passwords. Anyway...my 2 cents. Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback @triggerx, and I applaud you for correctly moving away from using similar components to passwords. Hopefully that means you're moving to truly random passwords. :) At present the best solution may be to duplicate any items that have troublesome history on them and then delete the original. This will cause the password history to be lost.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.