1 Password not syncing offline changes

usertom1543
usertom1543
Community Member
edited November 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

EDIT: restarting computer fixed the problem

I installed the windows version recently and offline changes aren't syncing even when I'm connected to the internet (offline changes section is piling up). Is there a way to force a sync?

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Family cloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That's really strange. I'm glad you contacted us, and even gladder(?) that a restart got networking going again. But we're here if you need us. :)

• k4n30
    k4n30
    Community Member

I've had this issue before as well. Usually restarting the app fixes it

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

We're always working to make 1Password more resilient to networking issues, so we'll have improvements that can help some people in future updates as well. :)

• Till
    Till
    Community Member

I have had the same issue in the windows client. Locking and unlocking triggered the sync in the end, but shouldn't saving an item trigger it as well? After saving an item, I kept refreshing my Android app to see it there, until I coincidentally noticed the "offline items" section on windows and then couldn't find any way to get it to sync (which I read somewhere you are trying to avoid putting as a button).
    Obviously not ideal.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

1Password for Windows tries to reconnect if the connection resets or fails. But it throttles itself so as to not suck up system resources in futility. Otherwise a network issue would turn into a battery issue -- and/or high electric bills.

This discussion has been closed.