Windows browser extensions (Edge, Chrome, Firefox) don't react after sleep

Options

For a while I have noticed that if I bring a Windows computer out of sleep, 1Password for Windows is still running, but locked (as it should be after sleep), however the Edge, Chrome and Firefox extensions don't do anything when you click the extension (no popup for a password etc).

Closing and re-opening the browser doesn't resolve it. I seem to have narrowed it down to you must specifically bring up 1Password for Windows and unlock it, then close/re-open each browser which brings the browser extensions back to life.

Personally I run my browsers such that they open with all my previous tabs so it's an annoyance for me, but for other users in our office (we are using 1P for Teams) it's quite a problem for them to close/re-open their browsers so they just resort to copying and pasting passwords from the desktop app until they're in a position to close everything in their web browsers.

It seems that the communication between browser extensions and the desktop app dies on sleep and doesn't self-restore just by unlocking the desktop app.

Is this a known issue?

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 1803
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• Hey, @smpettit! I'm not able to reproduce this myself – I opened every browser I have and put my PC to sleep, everything was still kicking when I woke it up. As such, I'd like to take a look at some diagnostics generated when your extensions aren't responding. Could you reproduce the issue, then generate a diagnostics report:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?windows

Don't post your diagnostics here, but do attach them to an e-mail to support+windows@1password.com and include a link to this post in the body of the e-mail so we can connect the dots when we come across it. You should also receive an autoreply from BitBot with a support ID in it. If you post that here, it will help me hunt down your e-mail so I can take a look. Thanks! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.