How do you buy a standalong license for 1Password 7 for Mac?

edited November 2018 in Purchasing

There is absolutely no option on the website to and that blog that keeps being linked to has no information either.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @mileshenriksen

1Password 7 licenses are sold within the 1Password 7 apps.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• edited November 2018

HI @Ben
    It says my account is frozen and it won't let me purchase a license. It says I have to subscribe to unfreeze it.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

You won’t be able to purchase a license while signed into a membership, including a membership trial. This is intentional, and is designed to prevent folks from accidentally purchasing things they don’t need (as a membership covers access to all of our 1Password apps). If you are signed into a membership, but want to purchase a license, you’ll need to sign out of that membership first. Instructions on migrating from a membership to a standalone vault can be found here:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

Ben

• Have used 1P (have6.8.9) for a long time but these changes are creating a time consuming living hell. I've downloaded 1P7 for mac. It's installed however when going to preferences for a license I can't 'cause it's greyed out. I am not signed into my account. So now what? Oh! yes. My account is frozen, billing info I believe, which I would gladly give if I could. Finally, the lack of direct human contact adds to the frustration and prolongs the agony.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @zzlion

Do we have an existing support ticket / conversation going about the billing issue you're experiencing? You mentioned a lack of contact but I'm not seeing any unanswered inquiries.

A frozen account is still an account. If you want to use 1Password without an account you'd need to follow the instructions above. If you'd rather use an account (recommended) you can update your billing info using this guide:

Manage your 1Password subscription

Ben

• Thank you, Ben. A missing piece? I have IP7 on one of my computers (only one so far) and cannot find anywhere that leads me to purchase a license. Preferences is greyed out. What's the workaround? I'd love to give you money. PS. I have established an account that also leads me nowhere.

• Hello @zzlion,

You can only manage your Billing from 1Password.com. Please visit https://my.1password.com and log into your account. You will need your secret key and master password to do so.

You can find your secret key in the 1Password app on your computer by following these instructions: https://support.1password.com/secret-key/

Once logged in you will see the Billing page in the sidebar on the right. Select that and you can follow the instructions that @Ben sent you.

Please let us know if you have any questions or need help along the way.

• thank you for your reply. I'm still unclear. Opening 1P 6.8.9, going to preferences then to the Accounts tab, I have no account information, no secret password, nada. Am I to download the newer version (1P7) before attempting said inquiry?

• Continuing the saga. I've downloaded IP7 on my laptop. I see nowhere in Preferences where I can purchase a stand-alone license. I want to continue with DropBox as my primary vault. I have a desktop I'd like to upgrade as well. How can I accomplish this?

• PS. My Account is frozen

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@zzlion

Is your 1Password data currently in your 1Password account (frozen) or in a standalone vault on Dropbox?

Ben

• thank for your reply. It appears to be on 1P

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

If your data is currently in your account, and rather than subscribe and continue with an account you'd like to purchase a standalone license and use a 3rd party for sync please see this guide:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file