I can't open 1password with macOS Mojave!

JoeArak
JoeArak
Community Member

1Password keeps crashing after I type in my password and hit return. I just upgraded to Mac OS Mojave 10.14.1. Please help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:upgraded to mohave OS on macbook and 1password crashes when I try to open it.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JoeArak: It's hard to say since you didn't include any of the requested version information, but it sounds like maybe you're running a very, very old version of 1Password that is not compatible with any recent macOS releases. If you'll let me know the specifics, I can say for certain.

• JoeArak
    JoeArak
    Community Member

@brenty: Sorry, to not have included all the info you need. I'm new to this forum. I'm running 1Password version 3.8.22 (build 32010) I have no idea of Extension version, OS Version (I did mention the Mac OS I'm now running), or Sync Type. Where can I find that for you? If this MacOS isn't compatible with my "old" 1Password what do I need to do? Thanks in advance for your help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JoeArak: No worries. Thanks for the details! Indeed, 1Password 3 was developed in 2009, and supports OS X Snow Leopard and Lion. It is not compatible with recent macOS and browser releases. With Safari 12, Apple has also discontinued support for the old unsigned extensions, like 1Password 3 used. It absolutely will not work there at all. You can read more details in the announcement at the top of this forum category:

1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

1Password 7, one the other hand, fully supports macOS Sierra, High Sierra, and Mojave, along with the latest web browsers. It uses OPVault instead of the old AgileKeychain vault format you'd be using with 1Password 3, but you can import the data into your new vault after setting up the app. Just go to File > Import > 1Password Keychain.

You can get 1Password for Mac version 7 and the latest version of all of the apps as part of a 1Password.com membership. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• nickdarr
    nickdarr
    Community Member

Hi, I'm having the same problem--same 3.8.22, just upgraded to Mojave. Is there any way to get my passwords or are they lost? I upgraded to 7 and tried importing, but i'm not able to find the agilekeychain vault.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@nickdarr: Unless you deleted your vault, your 1Password data is not lost. As I mentioned in my comments directly above yours, an AgileKeychain cannot be used directly in 1Password 7, but can be imported.

• nickdarr
    nickdarr
    Community Member

Ok, thanks. I tried the import, but I can't locate the file when I follow your instructions. Do you know where I'm likely to find the vault? When I go to choose the file. The 1 password options are greyed out. I'm just not sure how to find the file to import.

• nickdarr
    nickdarr
    Community Member

Found the file on my backup drive. Thanks for the help. All imported!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. It's possible to save the vault pretty much anywhere, so your guess will be better than ours. I'm glad you were able to find it and import your data. We're here if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.