Can't import vault after upgrade

Options
DMeans
DMeans
Community Member

I was running a 6.x version of 1Password, and accepted the prompt for a 7.x upgraded. Apparently, that was a mistake.

7.x will not import my vaults, and now I'm stuck without my passwords. What's your solution, other than using my 1 year of free access to 1Password.com, because, at this point, I'm seriously considering ditching this app?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I don't know why 1PW7 would not import your vaults. It should.

However, you should also be able to revert to 1PW6 easily. Installation of 1PW7 should retain a zipped version of 1PW6. Just unzip it and continue to use 1PW6 (but you should quit 1PW7 COMPLETELY using ctrl-option-cmd-Q, then trash 1PW7 and empty the trash)..

This is fine in the short run. In the long run you should upgrade to 1PW7. However, this is a paid upgrade if you had a stand-alone licence, though it is free if you have a subscription.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DMeans - I'm sorry for the trouble, as well as for the delay in our reply; we've been experiencing a surge of support requests lately. @danco is correct; 1Password 7 for Mac is a new, full-version upgrade, and as such, it requires either a 1password.com membership or the purchase of a new license for the new version.

I'm a bit confused regarding "accepted the prompt for a 7.x upgrade." At this time, the only people who're receiving in-app upgrade notices are those with a 1password.com account (since their upgrade from 6 --> 7 is included with the membership cost). Everyone on a standalone license (or with the previous version from the Mac App Store) has not yet received a notice to upgrade from within 1Password itself, precisely because it does require a new purchase, and we don't want people to feel tricked into a paid upgrade if they're not ready to purchase or subscribe. Are you saying you got an in-app notification to upgrade? Or just that you saw a new version was available somewhere like our website or the tech press, and installed it yourself?

I'm sorry for the trouble you're having getting your vaults imported into version 7, but before we dive into that, let's figure out the previous question. If you want to use 1Password 7 for Mac, and you're ready to either purchase a new standalone license or to subscribe to a 1password.com membership, then let's continue. If you're not, then there's not much point in trying to solve that problem. Can you let us know which direction you'd like to go? Thanks. :)

This discussion has been closed.