Adding new device - app store version

efstro
efstro
Community Member

I have 1pw version 7.2.2 that purchased sometime ago from the Apple App Store . I have a new iPad that I would like to install 1pw on. What are my options?

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• efstro
    efstro
    Community Member

I have 1pw version iOS 7.2.2 / 6.89 OSX version that downloaded sometime ago from the Apple App Store, but purchased a standalone license from Agilebits. I have a new iPad that I would like to install 1pw on. What are my options to apply my license to the IOS 7.2.2 on the new IOS device?

Thanks for your help

1Password Version: 7.2.2
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 12.1
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• efstro
    efstro
    Community Member

Need to delete this post. I posted a new question under IOS.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@efstro: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! The Mac app will not work on iOS, and its license will not apply there anyway, as App Store purchases are tied to the Apple ID, and specific to the OS. They're each a separate purchase for the standalone version. However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since that includes all of the apps and updates, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• efstro
    efstro
    Community Member

Thanks for replying.

Maybe I was not clear. I currently have 1PW 7.2.2 on several devices (iphones) and it's working just fine. I also have 1PW 6.8.9 on several OSX devices (Macs) and they work just fine. As previously stated, I downloaded the app from the MAC App store as a free trial, after the trial, I Purchased the license for Mac OS and Windows for a flat rate on the AgileBits site and I still have the receipt, which included the ios version for free.

Previously, I could download the app (OSX, IOS or Windows) and install on any device (Four devices mentioned above) and link to my Dropbox account without a problem.

Now, that AgileBits has gone to a subscription model, it appears that I can no longer install my Paid license app on my new device. Since, I'm sure the AgileBits honors previous purchases, the Ask is how can I install the ios aap version 7.2.2 on my new ios (iPad) device? Or for that matter, 1PW 6.8.9 on a new device (if I upgrade in the future)?

Thank you for your understanding and help

• @efstro

To install 1Password 7 on your iPad please use this link:

1Password 7 for iOS - iTunes App Store

When you first launch the app please scroll down on the welcome screen and select the Dropbox option in order to sync with your existing data in Dropbox. As for Mac and Windows... 1Password 7 would require either a subscription membeship (recommended) or a new license (available in the app only when downloaded directly from us -- not from the Mac App Store). It will not work with an existing license. Licenses are sold on a per-person, per-platform, and per-major version basis. For example, a 1Password 7 for Mac license allows one person to use 1Password for Mac on any number of their Macs. It does not include 1Password 8, 1Password for Windows, or 1Password for any other persons. Membership on the otherhand, which is a subscription service, includes access to all of the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices. With 1Password Families membership it includes access for you and up to 4 additional family members for the listed price. Additional family members can be added for a small additional fee.

We are no longer advertising licenses. We make them available for purchase within the 1Password applications for folks who know that is what they want but new customers are being directed to memberships as that is the best way to use 1Password.

Using an older version of 1Password (i.e. v6 on Mac and v4 on Windows) may perhaps be a reasonable short term option, but it should not be considered a long term solution. These versions are no longer being developed. As a security focused company the only course of action we can recommend is staying up to date with all of your software -- especially 1Password, your OS, and your web browser.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• efstro
    efstro
    Community Member

Thanks for your help! Thanks for the advice on upgrading to the membership model, which is likely what I will do.

Cheers

• You're very welcome. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.