password strangeness and missing items on sidebar on my Mac

nlblackadder
nlblackadder
Community Member

I had 1p 6 on my iMac synced with Dropbox and upgraded to family. I downloaded 1p 7, set it up. When I open 1p it's version 7 and seems to work. Stange thing - it accepts my old password and not my new one. Then I set up my iPhone and it only accepts the new password. How can I get the same password on all my devices?
Also, I tried to invite and there was no Invitations on the side bar. I found the 1p /invitations page and used that. It worked but the person I invited missed getting the Secret Key on her phone. She now wants to set up her iPad. I want to get her Secret Key but the People is also missing on my sidebar. How can I recover her account and get the Secret Key?
Also, the password accepted on her iPhone is only the old one and not the one she used for set-up. We've both got 7.2.2 on our phones.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@nlblackadder: It sounds like maybe you're looking for "Invitations" in the sidebar in the app, but that's only available on the website, like other account management stuff. Let me know if you're still having trouble though.

You'll also be using your "old" Master Password to unlock the app if you haven't removed the "old" vault there when prompted after migration. The 1Password apps unlock using the Master Password of the first vault/account you have setup in them. So, once you have only your account setup in the apps, its Master Password will be the one you use everywhere.

The Secret Key can be found in any app/browser you've already authorized with the account:

https://support.1password.com/secret-key/

If it isn't setup anywhere though, you or another admin can put the account in recovery mode to get a new one:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.