Different Chrome profiles, select vaults

Hi,

I'm using different chrome profiles for different types of browsing, e.g. work vs private. I like to keep these things separated, but it bugs me that the 1password extension will suggest all passwords. So for instance if I have a social media account for work and private, in my work profile I sometimes log in to my private account, and the other way around.

I have separate 1password accounts, so I would be nice if I could attach one or more vaults to a specific chrome profile. The chrome extension has no options at the moment, it would be logical if it was there...

Jaap

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jaaptaal: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! I was actually pretty confused at first since I do have different setups in different Chrome profiles -- different extensions entirely, in most cases. But it sounds like you're using the 1Password desktop extension, which is literally just an extension of the native app:

https://support.1password.com/1password-extension/

The desktop extension has literally no data or UI of its own, and almost no functionality to speak of; all of that is handled by the app. You'll know that if you ever try to use the 1Password desktop extension without 1Password installed/running: it does absolutely nothing. That why it also has no settings: they're in the app.

You could, however, with a 1Password.com membership, use 1Password X with completely different accounts (and All Vaults settings, to hide certain vaults) in separate profiles:

Get to know 1Password X

It isn't something that comes up much, but since 1Password X exists as a way for people to use 1Password solely in their browser, since many people cannot install/use a native app, it neatly fits into this use case as well. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.