To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

migrate data from a frozen personal trial account to a family account?

Options
medea61
medea61
Community Member

hi team
i had a personal account trial running. apparently i missed the end of the trial period over the weekend. i was anyway planning to get a family subscription (and have got one now).
unfortunately there seems to be no way to migrate the data from the frozen personal account. yes, sure, i can copy the data, but then the file references are lost which are somewhat important to me.
any way to resolve this without having to pay an individual subscription?
regards
roman

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@medea61: You can absolutely copy data from a frozen account. You just can't make changes to it there, because it's read only. If you sign into both accounts in the app, it's easy to copy between them:

https://support.1password.com/move-copy-items/

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• medea61
    medea61
    Community Member
    Options

hi brenty
    yes, i know i can copy the data, but the bad news is: the links are removed. the ui explicitly warns you about that. i have a bunch of secrets with linked files (e.g. notes, scans of one time password lists, scans of passports, etc.) where the relations are rather important to me. with a migration this is not a problem. but for a frozen account the migration-option is not available (all destination vaults are greyed out.

looks like i have to bite the bullet and pay for a personal subscription. or do you see another option?

• Hey @medea61,

I'm sorry for the trouble moving to a family account! The easiest way to do this is to upgrade your existing Individual account to a family account instead of creating a completely separate account - that way you don't have to worry about transferring your data.

If your new family account is currently empty, then the easiest way forward would be to delete that account, and then upgrade your individual account to a family account from the Billing page.

However if you've already started using the new Family account and so have items saved in both accounts, then it gets a bit trickier and we'll need to do some work to get the accounts merged.

Let me know and we'll continue from there!

• medea61
    medea61
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Meek
    Thank you for your reply.
    It's probably been my fault... There is nothing in the family account yet that is not in the (frozen) individual account. So I will go down the upgrade route then. Closing the other account the proper way would be via Settings -> Permanently Delete Family Account?
    Feel free to reply privately. My mail address is my profile.
    Roman

• Hello @medea61,

That's correct. You can delete the family account and then upgrade the individual account. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.