Changed Master Password, now iPhone can't sync with dropbox

AirKevin
AirKevin
Community Member
I have 2 OSX computers and an iPhone. I have been syncing all with dropbox for some time with no problems.

I recently changed the master password on my 1password file from one of the OSX computers. The other computer still needed the old password a couple of times, but it is now accepting the new password. All is good with those two computers.

The problem is the sync with the iPhone. I am getting an error when I enter either the new or old master passwords on the dropbox sync. It says that neither is correct. I am presently up to four failed password attempts.

My first thought is to delete 1password on the iPhone and reinstall. Good plan?

Comments

• AirKevin
    AirKevin
    Community Member
    I went ahead and deleted / reinstalled. Works fine now, new master password accepted by the iphone.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the update, AirKevin! I'm glad things are working well for you now. :)

In the future, you only need to reset Dropbox syncing in order to update the master password securely stored on your device to facilitate automatic Dropbox syncing. Open the 1Password app on your iOS device and then tap:

Settings > Sync > Dropbox > Account > Reset

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
This discussion has been closed.