Disable "duplicate password" feature for some logins or a tag

13»

Comments

• I'm here to again upvote this issue. I'm a power user, I understand exactly the risks I'm incurring, and I want to remove that annoying banner ASAP by whatever means necessary. Either grouping logins or an advanced disable setting. I upgraded and am seriously considering downgrading / leaving because of this. There has to be a solution to an issue that affects so many people.

• LarsLars Junior Member

Team Member

Welcome to the forum, @Wizzrobe! Thanks for sharing your wishes with the team.

• +1 as well. Just being able to maybe disable the duplicate warning between vaults would be a big thing. I use one vault as a duplicate live backup, vs the live one that is shared with different people. The nag really feels like it could ignore itself between vaults via a user opted preference. That way if you have duplicates, it isn't a big deal. That or maybe use item linking between vaults so that the notification assumes that you know.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you for your feedback as well @1PassRhino! :+1:

• I just started using 1password and find the "duplicate password" warning quite annoying. At least you allow me to make it smaller. Of course I have duplicate passwords for less important sites. I find it so annoying I'm going to see if your competitors products are any less annoying.

• They're not gonna change it. Like the last time when they removed functionality from the lifetime version, they'll only listen if there's a huge outcry and this thread is obviously not enough for them to care.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

This is still a problem we're trying to find a way to solve. Don't give up hope quite yet. :)

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file