Autofill one time passwords on a Mac?

camner
camner
Community Member

In 1P for iOS, I have "autofill one time passwords" turned on, and it's a fantastic feature!

I can't seem to find a similar setting in 1P for Mac. Is that because (a) I'm overlooking it, or (b) it doesn't exist?

I see documentation related to 2FA (such as accessing Dropbox, etc.), but what I'm referring to is the increasingly common practice of financial institutions to require a text to be sent that contains a time-limited code. Currently I'm clicking on the message in the notification center (if I do it before it auto disappears!), then copying/pasting the code into the required box.

Can one replicate the iOS experience with the Mac version of 1P?

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.1
Sync Type: 1P

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@camner - auto-fill of one-time passwords isn't available (yet) in 1Password for Mac. What does happen when you fill a Login item for which you've enabled a TOTP code in 1Password, is that the code is copied to your clipboard, for easy pasting onto the second page.

That said, it depends on how the particular site allows codes to be sent/entered. If the site in question uses SMS (yuck), you'll be out of luck. But if they allow the use of an authenticator such as Google Authenticator or Authy, then you can use 1Password for this task as well, and paste directly from within 1Password. Hope that helps! :)

• camner
    camner
    Community Member

Thanks for the response. Alas, most of the sites (financial ones) that I use are using SMS (and one allows the use of a physical dongle key).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@camner - in 2018? Really? Heavy sigh...I can't say I'm too surprised, but still definitely disappointed. If I were their customer, I'd consider sending them a piece of my mind on that score, since there's absolutely nothing we're going to be able to do to help you from our end, unfortunately. :( Wish I had better news for you.

This discussion has been closed.