Agilekeychain or OPVault?

I've been using 1Password for years on Windows and iOS (and previously also Android). Now I've ordered a Mac and will of course need the latest 1Password for Mac. From what I can see I currently use the agilekeychain vault format. The vault is synced with Dropbox. When I start to use the Mac version, will I still be able to use the agilekeychain vault? If not, will the conversion be made automatically or do I need to do it manually? Is the "new" OPVault format supported on 1Password for Windows 4.6.2.626?

Also, if I don't need to migrate to OPVault, what will I miss?

1Password Version: Windows 4.6.2.626, iOS 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10, iOS 12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hey, @macke! Indeed, 1Password 7 for Mac will require you to use OPVault. When you open your vault in 1Password for Mac, it will be converted automatically, but you will need to manually point your devices to the new OPVault once it is created. OPVault is supported in 1Password 4 for Windows, but of course, 1Password 7 is available on Windows as well if you're interested. It is a paid upgrade from 1Password 4 and Mac and Windows licenses are sold separately, so it's up to you whether you'd like to upgrade. And, of course, there's always a 1Password membership which would come with the latest on all of your devices, regardless of operating system and not sync tweaks t worry about once set up.

I hope this helps, but I'm here if you've got questions before you take the plunge or once the Mac arrives. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.