Mac App Store featuring 1Password on its "How To" page!!

Rabbit32
Rabbit32
Community Member

The Mac App Store has 7 pages that scroll by the top, including Featured App, Get Started, How To, etc.

Right now, page 5 of 7 is their current How To article, entitled "How to Unlock 1Password's Full Potential"! It has cool artwork and 3 tips on using 1Password.

And, I actually learned something very useful from their 1st tip: What they call "the Magic Shortcut". On any login screen,
typing Command + \ fills in your login credentials. This will save me so much time compared to opening the 1Password screen, finding the right button, and clicking it. [Yes, I just saw that this is shown on the 1st Preferences screen, but I had always missed it.]

There is, interestingly, one small error in what they write. They write that the shortcut "will fill and submit your credentials automatically". As we know, the latest version of 1Password no longer does the SUBMIT part, to better conform with macOS' new security requirements.

Anyway, just thought you'd like to know Apple's showing 1Password some love once again! ;-).

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.1
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Rabbit32 - glad you liked it! Yep, ⌘\ is a wonderful addition to anyone's workflow, and if you like that one, you might be interested in checking out our entire suite of keyboard shortuts. You might not use all of them, but I'd bet there will be at least one or two more that could help you even further. :)

And you're correct about auto-submit no longer working. However, I believe the "showcase" (or whatever the official term for that is) was written prior to the changes made in macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”) that we incorporated into version 7.2 of 1Password for Mac -- and in fact, if you're still using any earlier version like High Sierra or Sierra, auto-submit still works, as long as you're not using 7.2 or higher. Thanks for noticing, however, and for the kind words! :)

This discussion has been closed.