Chrome cannot find Helper. Password1 Update will not install. Fails to find a file.

Do not want to lose stoed passwords.

1Password Version: 7.2.580
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Update will not install

Comments

• @alan_bolger: Your data is stored separately from the app itself, so I can at least assure you that if you do need to reinstall your data is not at risk. To me, this sounds like an anti-virus interfering with the update, likely because of a version mismatch with our native messaging host, based on the helper issue. Could you possibly share the exact error message you're seeing? This will help me confirm. Thanks! :chuffed:

• alan_bolger
    alan_bolger
    Community Member

Looking for the 1Password helper
    The 1Password helper must be running for the extension to work properly.

Couldn’t connect to 1Password
    Either the helper is not running, or something is preventing it from communicating with the 1Password browser extension. Follow the simple steps on our support site or contact us.

• alan_bolger
    alan_bolger
    Community Member

Sorry for the late response. If I try to follow the Support advice on your website the install process has an Error 32 when trying to delete a file. Says its in use.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@alan_bolger: If you're getting that kind of an error, it may be a good idea to boot into Safe Mode with networking. Simply restarting might help, but if you have backup or "security" software that's interfering by locking the files, Safe Mode should do the trick.

• alan_bolger
    alan_bolger
    Community Member

Have not been able to boot in Safe Mode. Are you able to help?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2018
This discussion has been closed.