Unable to login after iPhone reset and lost Authenticator app codes

Options
vFeder
vFeder
Community Member

Hi,
I had to hard reset my iPhone because I broke it.
When reinstalling 1password, it asks for the code of 2 factor authentication.
I had the codes in the Google Authenticator app, but I lost all my data because my iPhone has been reset.
How can I access my 1password account? I cannot even login to it in my Mac, since I don't let Safari remember passwords and sessions.
Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.1
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @vFeder,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Did Google Authenticator not back up / sync your 2FA data? Do you have all of your other credentials besides your 2FA for your 1Password account (email address, Secret Key, and Master Password)? If so please email us at support+forum@1password.com from the email address associated with your 1Password membership. Our security team may be able to help. When you email in you'll get a support ID. Please be sure to post that ID here.

Thanks.

Ben

• vFeder
    vFeder
    Community Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

Hi Ben,
    No, my authenticator app didn't back up.
    I have all my data to access my account, except for the 2 factor code.
    I've already sent an email to support@agilebits.com, but since last Saturday I received no answer.
    I'll send an email to the address you wrote and I'll post the support ID here.
    Thank you!

Edit: here is the the support ID: #RUD-83325-369

• Ben
    Options

Thank you! We'll be in touch shortly.

Ben

ref: CKY-12916-319

• vFeder
    vFeder
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

Do you have any news?

• Ben
    Options

@vFeder

Kate replied to you 4 days ago and is awaiting your response. In case you did not receive it I've re-sent it. Please let me know ASAP if you still have not received it. The email will be coming from support@agilebits.com so please be sure you've added that address to your contacts and that it is allowed through your spam filter. Thanks.

Ben

• vFeder
    vFeder
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben

I didn't get the answer, actually. I can now read it because I received it now.

• Ben
    Options

Okay, I did just resend it, so I'm glad to hear you received it that time. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.