Need to download 1password to a new ipad ASAP.

mikevh
mikevh
Community Member

My wife and I are very dependent on 1password. We have a Families account, and just got a new iPad. All the apps downloaded from the Cloud (from old iPad backup), except 1password. My wife needs to use this iPad since her old one is shot. We can't figure out how to install the app without paying for a new account. It should be easy but I can't figure it out.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Is it possible to get help right away.? I can't download 1password to a new device and need to use it now

Comments

• garyrh
    garyrh
    Community Member

Check in App Store under purchased apps and see if you can download it from there.

• mikevh
    mikevh
    Community Member

Thanks. At first that seemed to work. I opened the app, entered the password but am just getting a blank white screen (with 1/2 in black across the top).

• mikevh
    mikevh
    Community Member

I'm now getting a blank white screen (with a half inch black band across the top). Can you help me with this? Thanks.

• Hi @mikevh,

To be clear: you have a 1Password.com subscription membership? If that is the case please delete the app you downloaded and download 1Password here:

1Password 7 for iOS - iTunes App Store

Then select the 1Password.com option for existing users to sign in to your account.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• mikevh
    mikevh
    Community Member

Thanks very much. Just to be clear: download a free trial? (In my case that would be the annual subscription). I don't see another option.
    -Mike

• No, do not create a new account / trial. Please select the option for 1Password.com under "Already using 1Password?"

Ben

• mikevh
    mikevh
    Community Member

Thank you! Everything is now working! In the process I also got help from Apple. Part of the problem was that somehow the 1Password app download attempt (while restoring from the old iPad's iCloud backup) didn't let the iPad install iOS12 which in turn didn't allow installation of the latest version of 1Password. We got iOS12 installed which then allowed me to download 1Password per your instructions.

• I'm glad to hear it all worked out. Thanks for the update. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.