Unable to login on Windows but I can on Mac

I have 1password and my emergency kit. Everything's fine with my MacBook Pro but when using the same credentials (scanning screen when logged into 1password through Chrome) for the Windows app I'm told that I have an incorrect username, email, password or secret key and I receive the error message.

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Not working
OS Version: Windows 10 Home 1803
Sync Type: ?

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bradleyrf,

Thank you for getting in touch! It sounds weird.

Am I right to understand that you are able to sign in to your account on 1Password.com in the browser on this PC, but not in the app? Please confirm. Also, please tell me if your MacBook Pro and Windows PC are using the same network.

Additionally, I noticed that you sent an email to us. Please check your inbox, as I replied to your email with further instructions. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: MLA-54982-423

• bradleyrf
    bradleyrf
    Community Member

Thanks, Greg. I followed the instructions to generate and send a diagnostic report.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@bradleyrf: Thank you! To avoid any further confusion, let's continue our conversation via email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• tom48king
    tom48king
    Community Member

I am having similar issue... New to 1Password, am able to log on via web and Android but I cannot logon with Windows 10. Windows app says I have an incorrect username, email, password or secret key and I receive the error message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but no luck... Any help?

• Hey, @tom48king, and welcome both to the forum and the 1Password family. It's lovely to have you. :chuffed: Before we take a deeper dive, give this a go:

1. Sign in on the web on your PC.
    2. Click your name in the top right and select "Get the Apps".
    3. Click the "add your account directly" button under step 2 and allow it to open 1Password. This should fill everything for you except your Master Password.
    4. Enter your Master Password and sign in.

Does that work? If not, this is most likely a connection problem, rather than an issue with your credentials. Let me know if you have any security software (firewall, anti-virus, etc.) on your PC and, if so, what software you use. Might be we just need to whitelist 1Password so it can talk to the server. :+1:

• tom48king
    tom48king
    Community Member

Hi @bundtkate ! thanks for the welcome! I am still unable to connect. I have Symantec Endpoint Protection on my machine (it is a work machine) if that helps...

• @tom48king: That does help, thank you! Especially on a work machine, Symantec likely is blocking 1Password for Windows' connection to the server. If you have the ability to whitelist 1Password.com, that should get things fixed up, but I know work PC often means "PC I have fairly limited control over" so if that's the case for you, do not worry! All is not lost. If you can use Chrome or Firefox on that PC, you can try 1Password X and I'd bet it will serve you well. 1Password X is a browser extension that works all on its own – no desktop app required – and because it runs in your browser Symantec will likely leave it alone. 👍

• oliverst
    oliverst
    Community Member

I am also having a login problem that only happens on the Windows desktop application: I have the app installed, and has been working for some time. Now the desktop app will not let me log in, but I am able to log in via the web, through the Chrome plug-in and iOS. I have had this several times now in the last few months, on different PCs and in different locations (including at home, where there are no firewall restrictions and home PC so no corporate interference possible) but always with the Windows app. The only solution I have found is to remove the data folder under 1password and reconnect to my account. This is, needless to say, super tedious.

• Does this issue correspond with a Master Password change, by chance, @oliverst?

This discussion has been closed.