Hey, guys! I have a few questions to ask before signing up for the service.
- First, where are my passwords stored? Locally or remotely? Both?
- In what form are they stored? (I hope not raw).
- Does 1Password ever have access to my raw password inputs?
- If 1Password servers go down (or you go out of business, heavens forbid), do I get locked out of all my passwords?
- If someone gains access to my primary email account, would they be able to access my Vaults or account w/out my knowledge?
- I'm infected with a key-logger. Is my Vault seriously compromised?
- When generating a new strong password for a site, do you use the clipboard to insert it into the pw field. If so, how secure is my clipboard from interception/substitution?
Thanks a bunch!
- Can I use 1PW from within apps or programs on my PC? How can use 1PW to access those? Can I even do that?
- Say I forgot my Master Password but I
kinda remember what it was. Is there a penalty for incorrect login attempts? Can I set up a script to brute-force it? I guess, the real question is, is there feature to make brute-forcing less attractive but not so that I couldn't ever get locked out if I do more than a few invalid login attempts?
1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided