I created a second vault on 1password6 for mac and now no way to delete this second vault !

eliasntobias
eliasntobias
Community Member

I created a second vault on 1password6 for mac on my dropbox and now no way to delete this second vault !
Anybody know how to delete this second vault ? I deleted the second vault on dropbox but I can't get rid of it inside 1password6 app for mac !
thanks

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 6.8.0 (689001)
OS Version: 10.14.1
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@eliasntobias - sure. To delete secondary standalone vaults, do this:

1. In 1Password for Mac, choose Vault (menubar option) > Switch to Vault > (name of secondary vault you created)
    2. Click Vault > Delete (name of secondary vault you created)

That should take care of everything, but let us know if you have any further troubles.

• eliasntobias
    eliasntobias
    Community Member

The delete option in this meny is gray and can not be picked. So I am stuck with a vault I dont use andont want ?! Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@eliasntobias - what is the name of the vault you're trying to delete, if you don't mind sharing it?

• eliasntobias
    eliasntobias
    Community Member

BACKUP_VAULT and it was created on dropbox, I tried even deleting from dropbox, re creating nothing works that thing does not want to go, thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

I'm so sorry @eliasntobias -- you said 1Password 6 for Mac, not 1Password 7 for Mac. In version 6, those instructions don't apply, my mistake. In your version, you would use the vault menu at the top of the main 1Password window (usually set to "All Vaults") to switch to BACKUP_VAULT. Then, in the 1Password menu at the top left of your screen, you'll see the option in the dropdown menu to "Delete BACKUP_VAULT Vault." That's how to remove secondary vaults in 1Password 6 for Mac. Apologies for giving you instructions for the wrong version. Let me know if you still need help.

• eliasntobias
    eliasntobias
    Community Member

NOTHING WORKS IT IS ALL GRAYED OUT, HOW FRUSTRATING THIS CAN BE WITH SUCH A SIMPLE THING :-(

• eliasntobias
    eliasntobias
    Community Member

if you could reach me via email it would be great eliasntobias@gmail.com

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@eliasntobias - you were very close. In your image above, when you have the backup vault selected, click the actual word 1Password 6 at the very top left of your screen, and you'll see the option to delete the vault, just as I mentioned. Let me know how that works for you.

• eliasntobias
    eliasntobias
    Community Member

Wow that is ever hidden you have first switch to it !! May I suggest you put that sequence with screenshots in your FAQ this would have saved both of us a lot of time
    Thank you

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@eliasntobias - I'm sorry for the confusion. Since 1Password 6 for Mac is now a legacy version that's no longer receiving development attention, I doubt we'll be publishing specific instructions for it at this point, especially since the process is different in 1Password 7 for Mac, but thanks for the suggestion and for being a 1Password user. :)

• eliasntobias
    eliasntobias
    Community Member

How can I upgrade to 7?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@eliasntobias - you can read all about the new version and how to upgrade in this post. Let me know if you have any questions. :)

• eliasntobias
    eliasntobias
    Community Member

Where can I find. Price to upgrade from 6 to 7 not the monthly ? The subscription is the only pricing info onyoir site. Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@eliasntobias - standalone licenses for 1Password 7 for Mac are currently $49.99 at the "launch special" discount of over 23% off the regular price of $64.99. I don't know when launch special pricing will expire, but I wouldn't wait too long if you want to take advantage of it. You can purchase from directly within 1Password 7 for Mac -- when you run version 7 for the first time, it will import your existing 1Password 6 for Mac data, then give you the Purchase Options screen. Just choose the standalone license purchase option:

Let me know if you have any questions or run into any difficulties.

• eliasntobias
    eliasntobias
    Community Member

Sorry it keeps repeating my wow comment Indont know why

• eliasntobias
    eliasntobias
    Community Member

Thank you

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@eliasntobias - you're quite welcome! :)

• eliasntobias
    eliasntobias
    Community Member

Is there the same option for iphone as well ? I have the pro version for ios. Should Indownload from the appstore or your site for the mac v7

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@eliasntobias - I'd always suggest our version, it gives you more options regarding using betas, staying temporarily on older versions, etc. Regarding your iOS devices, if you've purchased Pro features, that should be available on any device you're using the same Apple ID with, so there's no need to purchase anything new. If you haven't yet purchased the Pro features, you can do that in-app on any iOS device. :)

• eliasntobias
    eliasntobias
    Community Member

I got the demo of 1pass for mac w mojave latest and it crashed within 15 min and my iphone 8 with latest ios can NOT sync with the new vault created by this new 1p7 !!

see message from the mac crash, I did not buy it yet and perhaps I am going back to the old one it worked solid for many years, it is scary to have such a critical application software crash on me like that

Process: 1Password 7 [5778]
    Path: /Applications/1Password 7.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password 7
    Identifier: 1Password 7
    Version: 7.2.2 (70202006)
    Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process: ??? [1]
    Responsible: 1Password 7 [5778]
    User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2018-12-10 07:49:31.155 -0800
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.14.2 (18C54)
    Report Version: 12
    Bridge OS Version: 3.0 (14Y667)
    Anonymous UUID: 5D6186AD-E367-8F2E-85FF-4A7DA68DBAF1

Time Awake Since Boot: 100000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 19 Dispatch queue: com.agilebits.db.watchtower (QOS: UTILITY)

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
    Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
    abort() called

too big to go here if you want a copy email me

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@eliasntobias - I'm sorry for the trouble! Can you please restart your Mac and see if the problem persists?

Also, did you receive a message about having to update an older Agile Keychain format vault to the newer OPVault?

• eliasntobias
    eliasntobias
    Community Member

I did update the fault to the new one. Nonetheless I uninstalled ver 7 and put back ver 6 I am quite happy with it so I will using this one. Thanks for the help anyway

• That may work for the short term, but should not be considered a long term solution. 1Password 6 has been retired and is no longer being updated, and as such we can't really recommend long term continued use. If you decide to try the upgrade to v7 again and need further assistance please let us know.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.