Always getting save/update prompt when logging in to specific websites

When logging in to my bank's website, and some others I can't remember right now, I will get the prompt to save a new login or to update my existing login. If I open the login in the main 1Password screen and then update my existing login, nothing seems to change.

I'm assuming there's some URL-token-type-thing happening that tips 1Password off that it's a "different" login, but I'm surprised that it doesn't save when updating my login. Either way, is there any way to detect these better?

1Password Version: 7.2.2 (70202007)
Extension Version: 7.2.2
OS Version: macOS 10.14.1 / Safari 12.0.1
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:password update website

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @andrewski,

I wonder if you might be willing to share the URL of any recent examples where this is happening. Based on your description I believe I will be able to test and reproduce this effect even if I don't have an account. Our support forum is public though so if you don't feel happy doing so here we can move to email.

The reason for the request is if you're not seeing any change when updating it sounds like our detection is doing something a bit off and I'd like to check it out. I do know certain banks have triggered a response due to various hidden password fields and it may be the recommendation is to add the domain to 1Password's ignore list. The easiest way of doing so is to wait for the next incorrect prompt. When it appears click on the cog icon in the lower left hand corner and select the single menu option Never Autosave for this Site. This will ensure 1Password adds the correct details in the needed format for adding an exclusion to the standard autosave prompting.

• andrewski
    andrewski
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply! I can email the URL and in the meantime that does seem to help. Thanks!—I never noticed that icon before. 😅

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @andrewski,

Believe me, you're in very good company for not realising the cog was something you could click on so don't give it a second thought. To email us can you use support+extension@1password.com and mark it for the attention of myself. Don't worry, my colleagues are quite accustomed to seeing littlebobbytables in our ticket system and giving me a nudge :smile:

• andrewski
    andrewski
    Community Member

Whoops, I already sent it through the contact form… I did mention the forum post URL so hopefully that will still get to you. :)

And hopefully they don't drop any tables! ;)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @andrewski,

I've located your email, I'll be in touch shortly :smile:

ref: UMM-16542-712

This discussion has been closed.