1Password 6 and 7 playing together?

Rocknrotty
Rocknrotty
Community Member

I have been a 1Password user pretty much since it came out. Very good piece of software i might add and I completely understand how you want to keep your revenue stream going visa via updates and expanding your services to include clouds and subscriptions.

Normally for various reasons i do not upgrade any software until i need too, mostly because my beta testing days are long over and i try at all costs to avoid what i call the cascading effect which is update one app and 10 others do not work until they are updated ( I just do not have the time to do this anymore).

But somehow i inadvertently updated the 1Password on my iphone 8 to 1P-7 now the pro features do not work until i pay the fee (Understandable). I have already spent at least 4 hours (@ $100.00/hr is $400.00 in my eyes) on trying to find where i can download the 1P-6 to reinstall on my iphone but this seems to be a major problem ( which it should NOT be by the way and i understand it is most likely an Apple issue). At the moment the app still seems to work properly with 1P-6 on my other devices.

My question is:
If i pay for the pro features for 7 on my phone will it play nice with the pro features on 1P-6 on my other devices 2 MBP's, 1 other Iphone and an ipad or will i have to update all?

As i stated above i do not want to be your beta tester and have issues as reported on this forum by many other users the easiest and safest path for me would be to just roll back my phone to 1P-6 if there is easier way other than reinstalling a previous backup. If there is a way please send me a link and maybe incorporate it into your web page as you do with the app for computer OS's ( not even sure that is possible as Apple has become such a closed system U guys would know better than me).

As i see it my question has 1 of 3 answers
1) Yes in plays perfectly with the legacy versions.
2) No you will need to update the other devices or
3) Yes it can but you will need to do XYZ.

MBP's running 10.12.6 and phones and ipad on current operating systems.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer.

1Password Version: 6.89 and 7.?
Extension Version: 6.8.9 and 7.?
OS Version: stated above
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Rocknrotty: Well...I wish you'd asked Apple sooner then, as they'd have told you what I'm about to and saved you a lot of trouble: the App Store does not support downloading outdated versions of apps. The only situation where you'll have the option to download a version other than the latest is if you're running an old OS; in that case it will tell you it isn't compatible, and then offer you the latest compatible version for the device you're using.

If i pay for the pro features for 7 on my phone will it play nice with the pro features on 1P-6 on my other devices 2 MBP's, 1 other Iphone and an ipad or will i have to update all?

No. I think this is the wrong question to ask though. Ultimately you may need to get in touch with Apple, but suffice to say you should only need to purchase the Pro Features once, unless you insist on using multiple Apple IDs for some reason, which can get pretty confusing. If you purchased the Pro upgrade in version 6, that's valid for version 7 as well. But if there's some issue with your Apple ID, you'll run into trouble like you're describing. The best thing to do would be to check your records to verify the Apple ID used for the purchase, reinstall the app using that same Apple ID, and then restore the purchase using that Apple ID as well. If it isn't working after doing that, definitely get in touch with Apple (the documentation will help you there too) so they can help you get it sorted.

Just to be completely clear, we cannot give you a "link" to install outdated versions of 1Password for iOS. The App Store is the only way to get iOS software. And the App Store is owned and operated solely by Apple -- which is a good thing when you look at it from a security angle, since we don't have to deal with malware on our iOS devices as a result. So, not really something we can help with directly. But if you have any questions about 1Password, we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.