Password doesn't work help

Options

Password doesn't work.

I was using face ID on Windows machine and it worked yesterday. I had written the password down and it wasn't working. When I tried to retrieve from the site, Agilebits didn't even recognize my email- and I know it's right because it's on my emergency kit. Was I hacked?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nevogel1,

Thank you for getting in touch! I am sorry to hear you bumped into troubles with 1Password.

Your Master Password is known only to you, so I am not sure what happened. We never have access to your Master Password, so we will not be able to reset it. If you can't unlock 1Password 7 on your Windows machine now, please try to sign in to your account on 1Password.com in the browser. Are you able to do that?

If you are not, please tell me what error message you see there. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• nevogel1
    nevogel1
    Community Member
    Options

The message I get is that my master password is incorrect - I thought I had written it down in a safe place and had used it before :(

Can I start over?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nevogel1: I'd encourage you to keep trying, since starting over would mean losing all the data you'd saved in 1Password. Please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

Alternatively, if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Secret Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

You can try as many times as you want. You won’t be “locked out”, but you will not be able to access your data unless you can enter the required Master Password correctly. Otherwise shoot us an email at support@1password.com and post the Support ID you receive here so we can help you start over, as a last resort.

• nevogel1
    nevogel1
    Community Member
    Options

Found it - I was far too tricky about how I saved my master password

Thank you

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear it! And hey, as long as you can figure it out, it sounds like all is well. Just don't want anyone else to know it. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.