1P (iOS) only presents one of two correct matches

Options
camner
camner
Community Member

I have two different accounts with BackBlaze. The credentials (email/password) are different for the two accounts, but the URLs are the same. Both are saved in 1P.

When I went to sign in at BackBlaze on my iPad in Safari, when I was at the sign in page, at the bottom of the screen was the nice grey bar offering to fill in my credentials for me. Great! But, only one of the two possibilities was presented (not the one I wanted at the time, of course!).

Is this expected behavior? If so, is there some way to get the one I would use most often to be the one 1P offers up?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@camner: What is the difference between the two logins? Is one new? Or are you just expecting iOS to display them both at once? Keep in mind you can tap the "key" icon to bring up more results, or tap "Passwords"/"1Password..." to view more information in 1Password's own user interface. Let me know what you find!

• Ind3X
    Ind3X
    Community Member
    Options

I posted a reply to another topic earlier, which is relevant to this topic, but it seems to have disappeared :|

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

This? It looks like you got caught by the spam filter for posting the same thing twice. Also, please don't post about the same thing in multiple places. That just slows down response time for everyone. :blush:

• Ind3X
    Ind3X
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure why or how it posted twice, the time differences were hours apart, I posted it this morning. I've marked the second post accordingly (as it was still editable).

I didn't post about the same thing in multiple places.

• camner
    camner
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. The two logins are identical (as far as I can tell) other than the credentials (email & password). The logins were not created at the same time. One is newer than the other, but is not new.

I think it would be nice if one of two things occurred:
    1. 1P presented multiple matches (there’s no harm in taking up more vertical screen real estate, since the only reason someone calls up 1P in the context of a login page is to enter credentials), OR
    2. There would be some visual indication that there are other matching logins (that would prompt someone to tap the key).

My personal preference would be #1.

(The reason I think this would be helpful is that by its very nature, filling in credentials is a “distraction” from what one is really trying to do, which is to do whatever one does at the site one is visiting. When 1P presented ONE match with no indication there was another, I didn’t even notice it was the wrong one, logged in to BackBlaze with the “wrong” credentials, had a moment of panic about where the files I wanted were – they obviously weren’t there – and then had to think through what in the world was going on)

• Ben
    Options

Hey @camner

These seems like reasonable suggestions. The "grey bar" at the bottom of the screen is the Password AutoFill of iOS 12, for which 1Password is a data provider. As such I don't believe we have the power to implement what you are suggesting. That said I'll certainly pass the feedback along to our development team.

Ben

• camner
    camner
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, if it’s iOS that is providing the interface, apps probably don’t have any control over what appears. Oh, well...thanks for listening!

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.