1p7 and android N 7.x and autofill disabled.....

Options
4EverMaAT
4EverMaAT
Community Member
edited December 2018 in Android

My friend is using 1p7 for android with membership. But he complained that it would not autofill. I looked at his phone and it says in the filling menu: "autofill" requires android 8 or higher (and autofill option is greyed out). Accessibility is activated.

So what are users supposed to do if they have android 7??? It's not that old, and not every manufacturer is going to provide an oreo update.

1Password Version: 7.2
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: android 7.1.1
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @4EverMaAT! Android Oreo introduced the Autofill API, a lovely feature to let password managers like 1Password fill usernames and passwords right into apps without needing an Accessibility service to do the heavy lifting. It's kinda magical and we love it, but it simply doesn't exist on phones running Nougat or older—and that's why we created the Accessibility service for filling as well!

With the Accessibility toggle ticked on, your friend can fill logins into apps and browsers just like this. In case the Autofill with 1Password prompts aren't appearing (even after a couple seconds), he can try toggling our Accessibility service on and off or restarting his phone—one of those should kick it into gear. Let me know how he gets on, and I'm always here to help more!

This discussion has been closed.