2 separate accounts trying to see shared vault

jcornfeld
jcornfeld
Community Member

Hey guys, My wife and I used to have separate 1password accounts. I created a family account and created a shared vault. She can see the shared vault on her IOS devices but on her Mac she cannot. It also says awaiting payment on both her Mac and on her IOS devices. I don't want to have to pay for two separate licenses if i'm already paying for a family plan. Can someone help me figure out what's going on? She is listed in my 1password as a family member with the correct email address when I sign into my 1password/the family account. And sometimes her passwords sync across and sometimes they don't. I just want it all consolidated. I am unsure if I need to uninstall from her computer and re install, or if I should delete her from the family account and re add her? I tried tweeting 1password but no luck so far, maybe someone else has run into this issue?

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.1
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• Hello @jcornfeld,

It sounds like she might still be using the old account on her Mac.

If you both want to migrate to only using the family account it might be best to reset the apps and add just the family accounts.

You can reset app data by following these instructions: https://support.1password.com/starting-over/

Then you can add the family account to each app.

• jcornfeld
    jcornfeld
    Community Member

Will she lose all her saved passwords? Or will it re sync from her phone? Or?

• jin_dhaliwal
    edited December 2018

If she has passwords on her personal account they will be lost when clearing the app data, unless they are backup up to Dropbox or iCloud.

The only way to save them would be to move them over to her family account.

Instructions on moving items from one vault to another: https://support.1password.com/move-copy-items/

She should be able to to this on her iOS device since it sounds like she has both accounts on there now.

• jcornfeld
    jcornfeld
    Community Member

Thats the strange part, on her Phone, She can see the Shared Family Vault (but it still says awaiting payment) And on her computer She Can Not see the shared Vault. And if she logs in the website she can not see the shared vault (and it still says awaiting payment) But.. in the family account... No payment is due till October next year. So I should have her back up her 1password to dropbox.. delete the account from her computer and have her try to log in again? I don't want to delete her from the family account as im sure her passwords would be deleted from there as well. Oh and the email on the family account is the same as the one on her computer and phone, but online it does not show her computer as an authorized device. I hope this helps figure things out a bit, I just don't want to lose her passwords trying to get her migrated over.

• jcornfeld
    jcornfeld
    Community Member

Would it be better to delete her from family and re invite her?

• jcornfeld
    jcornfeld
    Community Member

We figured it out, she had 2 accounts on her phone! Thanks! we got it all backed up and restored and she can see everything and it says "subscribed" Thanks so much!

• I'm glad I could help! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.