To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Getting Started after setting up account

Options
Suz1952
Suz1952
Community Member

I have a individual membership. My account / membership is set up with 2 vaults (don't know why 2) and all user names and passwords have been entered. My old passwords are still being used until I understand this more. I have iphone 6plus, macbook pro, and ipad and my husband also has an iphone also.

Before I have 1password handle all passwords:

1. Every time I go to amazon.com or directv. or ..... whatever site, do I have to use a certain browser (safari, google, google chrome) each and every time or just log on whatever which way and the passwords will be remembered.

2. Do I have to log on to 1Password each and every time I get on the computer, iphone and/or Ipad (when I get it working).

3. My ipad does not show the "key" logo when I on.

4. Do I add my husband's users and password onto my account or set up his own vault.

5. Can I change all "same" passwords all at once?

I guess that's a start. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Suzanne

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Every time I go to amazon.com or directv. or ..... whatever site, do I have to use a certain browser (safari, google, google chrome) each and every time or just log on whatever which way and the passwords will be remembered.

@Suz1952: Thanks for getting in touch! Did you have a question?

Do I have to log on to 1Password each and every time I get on the computer, iphone and/or Ipad (when I get it working).

You will need to "unlock" 1Password by entering your Master Password in order to do anything with the data you've secured in it. You can customize how often you need to do that though, in 1Password Preferences/Settings > Security.

My ipad does not show the "key" logo when I on.

Could you please clarify? You could also take a screenshot of what you're referring to. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

Do I add my husband's users and password onto my account or set up his own vault.

If you're both okay with sharing everything -- all data, the Master Password, etc. -- then that's fine. If not, you should consider a 1Password Families membership instead:

https://support.1password.com/family-sharing/

That way you can still share some information, but you can each have your own too.

Can I change all "same" passwords all at once?

No. Every website does this differently. You'd need to go through their specific "password change" process for each:

https://support.1password.com/change-website-password/

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.