1Password not filling out password on AWS

I had an AWS console password in my private vault which was working, however, it was for an account called 'venmoid'. I recently received access to a different account called 'venmo' so I signed out of the 'venmoid' one. Now, however, I can't sign in anymore: if I select 'Fill' from the AWS identity, nothing happens and the IAM user name and password fields remain empty (see below).

Why is 1Password not filling out the password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password not filling out password

Comments

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @kurtpeek! :)

While Identity items can fill your username and email, they're not meant to fill login forms. What you might want to create is an AWS login item. I'd like to ask you to try manually saving a login item and then see if the AWS login page will fill properly with the item you just created.

Let us know how it goes. :smile:

• dromard
    dromard
    Community Member

Jumping on here because I have a similar issue.

I have multiple AWS logins for different company instances. I've saved the sign-in details for each instance individually. However, 1Password is not presenting the correct credentials for a given instance. For example, I start the login by clicking on an S3 URL for Company-A, when I hit the login page for the AWS console, 1Password fills in the username and password for Company-A, but the "Account ID or Alias" field is either not filled, or it has the info from the previous login session (maybe Company-B or Company-C).

This isn't a "breaks-the-Internet" level issue for me, but I'd like to correct it. Am I missing something in the setup of this log-in, or is this a quirk of the way AWS builds their page?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kurtpeek & @dromard,

Can you see if the contents of Issues with AWS signin account, specifically my response here. It seemed to help the others while we worked in the AWS sign-in forms so hopefully it helps here as well.

• dromard
    dromard
    Community Member

Thanks @littlebobbytables for the redirect. I didn't find that thread during my search.

I've already followed those steps on my own. I'll leave some comments over in that thread.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dromard,

That is a nice detail you discovered, thank you for adding it to the thread.

This discussion has been closed.