To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1P7 for Windows: License file required

Options
donadiomauro
donadiomauro
Community Member

Hi,

I've bought the membership to 1P7 and everything is fine on my Mac.
However, one member of my family has Windows and, in order to install the application on his computer, it requires a license file.
Since we can't install the application, we can't even import the old 1P5 DB and, at the moment, all the other passwords are locked with it.

Where can I find the license to download?

Thank you

Regards,
Mauro

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@donadiomauro: I'm not sure I understand. You can definitely install and use 1Password without a license. It will just be in "read only" mode. They will not have a license for 1Password 7 unless they purchased one since it was released in the spring. So there would be no license to "download" otherwise. The option to purchase will be available right in the app in that case.

They can, however, get all of the apps as part of a 1Password.com membership. And if you already have a 1Password Families subscription, you could invite them to that so they could make their own account on your plan:

https://support.1password.com/family-sharing/

Then they just sign into their account in the app to access their data -- no licenses to keep track of, and no sync to configure.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• donadiomauro
    donadiomauro
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, probably I haven't explained properly my issue.
    I have a 1Password Families subscription and it works smoothly on the web and on my Macbook. I'm also "admin" in the family for the account.

The issue I'm having is with my the Windows machine used by my father.
    Here are the steps:

• I have downloaded and installed 1P7 on Windows;
    • I have started the app and it immediately required the main vault password;
    • My dad's password doesn't work (also because he just activated his Families account and 1P7 doesn't know);
    • By prompting the password, 1P7 doesn't show any options so I can't "activate" my dad's account.

Yesterday, after seen your reply, I went in the Windows machine and tried to use my master password (the family "admin" one, my personal) and it unlocked the application.
    At that point:

• I went on preferences and set my dad's details for his families account;
    • 1P7 synchronised his data (already stored on the web);

So far so good, however, every time my dad opens 1P7 on his Windows, it's prompted for my "admin" password as his one is not considered valid (on the web it works).

I know it's really convoluted and my approach in explaining it doesn't help so, if it's still not clear, I'm happy to start from scratch by removing 1P7 from the Windows machine and restarting the process

Thanks,
    Mauro

• Ben
    Options

@Mauro,

Removing the 1Password application won't help, as that won't remove any of the 1Password data. Instead please try these instructions:

How to reset your 1Password data and start over

From the welcome screen use your Dad's account credentials, not yours, to set up 1Password on his PC.

I hope that helps! Please let me know.

Ben

• Mauro
    Mauro
    Community Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Ben

You have addrees the wrog Mauro . :) the right one is @donadiomauro

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Oops! Thanks for clarifying. :)

• donadiomauro
    donadiomauro
    Community Member
    Options

Hi All,

I've sorted the issue out following the steps suggested by Ben at

How to reset your 1Password data and start over

and then reinstalling the application. Finally, once opened, it prompted me with the login options (a thing that didn't happen the first time and this was the cause of my issue).

Thank you all for your help!

Regards,
    Mauro

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the update. Glad that helped. :)

This discussion has been closed.