I don't see an option to use Face ID on my new 2018 iPad Pro. Please help.

Options
joaman
joaman
Community Member

eIt seems I have to type in my password for 1Password rather than use FaceID. This is time consuming and inconvenient. I had assumed (know what that means!) that the new iPad Pro with Face ID would work the same way as the iPhoneX. Is this working correctly or are you working on an update.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.1
Sync Type: iPassword
Referrer: forum-search:use Face ID on pad pro

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @joaman,

It is possible to use Face ID with 1Password on the iPad Pro. Please see these instructions:

Use Face ID to unlock 1Password on your iPhone or iPad Pro

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• joaman
    joaman
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately while I can see my Categories including the passwords nothing under settings is working. I’m at a loss as to what to do as I hesitate to delete the app and loose al my settings. To confuse the issue more when I go to a website on the new iPad Pro that requires a password the key is there and I can log in.

• Ben
    Options

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by "nothing under settings is working"?

Ben

• joaman
    joaman
    Community Member
    Options

I have now turned off my iPad and have restarted. iPassword now shows the Face ID icon but will not open when I hold up the iPad so that my face is totally visible. I still have to put in my iPassword passcode. My iPad opens with my Face ID.

• joaman
    joaman
    Community Member
    Options

I neglected to tell you I am now able to see all my settings and I do have FaceID enabled. it just isn't working.

• Ben
    Options

@joaman

"iPassword"? As in "eye password"? We're the creators of 1Password ("one password"). iPassword is a different thing entirely.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.