1Password 6 - Family Plan Devices

SuperAwesomeGuy
SuperAwesomeGuy
Community Member

Quick question.

I have a 1Password 6 family licence. It says 5 people can use the licence, but I can't figure out how to check who has the licence, how to add/remove users. I have devices that are no longer in use, but may still be linked to the account. I have new devices my family wants to use, but I can't figure out how to share it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@SuperAwesomeGuy - you don't need to worry about adding/removing users. Each family member will need to add the license file, however. You still have that on at least one Mac, I presume? To set up 1Password on a new computer, try finding your license in these spots:

• Check the Software Licenses category in 1Password.
    • If you have your license on another Mac, copy it to the new one: https://support.1password.com/cs/find-license/

Hope that's helpful! :)

• SuperAwesomeGuy
    SuperAwesomeGuy
    Community Member

Thanks. I know where to get the license... what I don't know is how to assure I stay within the allotted number of computers if I can't tell how many computers are currently registered. I don't want to violate my terms if I install it on two new computers and that brings it up to 7 users or something.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2018

@SuperAwesomeGuy - I've shot you a quick email to discuss some of the aspects of this. If you don't receive it, please check your Spam or Bulk email folder, as sometimes overzealous spam filters can mark unsolicited email from us as junk (the NERVE! 😉). If you still can't see it, let me know here and I'll re-send.

ref: CRS-35989-991

This discussion has been closed.