Firefox browser extension does not work

Options
rondinwiddie
rondinwiddie
Community Member

I'm on a Mac Mojave version 10.14.1 (18B2107). Browser extensions for Chrome and Safari work fine, but installed version of Firefox does not work. Installs and stays greyed out. 1Password keeps telling me to install extension even after it is already installed. Clearly a bug with the extension. Any reported issues with Firefox. This is a new Mac with the latest updates in all software.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @rondinwiddie! Please quit, delete and then reinstall Firefox, and let us know how that works for you.

• rondinwiddie
    rondinwiddie
    Community Member
    Options

I have done that already several times and that did not work.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rondinwiddie - OK, thanks for the clarification. Can you tell us please:

• what specific version of 1Password for Mac you're using?
    • what specific version of Firefox you have installed?

Along with anything else you think might help us to narrow down the problem. Were you previously able to use 1Password in Firefox? Was that after or before you upgraded to Mojave?

• rondinwiddie
    rondinwiddie
    Community Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

1Password 7
    Version 7.2.2 (70202006)
    AgileBits Store

Firefox 63.0.3 (64-bit)

Yes, I have another Mac that is on Mojave, but I am not using 1Password 7 on that computer I am using 1Password 6 (Firefox plugin works on that computer). Seems that there is a conflict with 1Password 7 and Firefox.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rondinwiddie - I'm sorry to hear you're still having troubles. Just to clarify: were you previously using 1Password with Firefox on this Mac? Or is this a new installation of either 1Password for Mac or Firefox?

• rondinwiddie
    rondinwiddie
    Community Member
    Options

On this Mac, this is a new installation of 1Password and Firefox. 1Password is working fine on this Mac with the other browsers.

• bpmccaffrey
    bpmccaffrey
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same trouble here. I've installed the Firefox browser extension on a freshly installed version of Firefox. It stays grayed out and cannot fill passwords.

Firefox 64.0 (64-bit)
    1Password 7 Version 7.2.2 (70202006)
    macOS Mojave 10.14.1 (18B2107)

Brian

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ronwiddie - thanks for the clarification. Can you please check something for me (@bpmccaffery, this is for you as well)? In Finder, please click Go > Go To Folder and paste in the following:

~/Library/Application Support/Mozilla/NativeMessagingHosts

Does it exist? If not, please create it, then open Terminal (inside the Utilities folder in your Applications folder) and paste the following command:

sudo chown "$USER":staff ~/Library/Application\ Support/Mozilla/NativeMessagingHosts

Restart your Mac and let me know how that works for you.

This discussion has been closed.