How to re-install 1P on my iPhone 8

Options
learning curve
learning curve
Community Member

I forgot the order of capital letters on my iPhone 1P password. Tried a lot of times -- no way, I originally set up my iPhone as a separate vault because I didn't want all my passwords on it. Even set it up with a different password from my other devices I decided to delete the iPhone vault and set the phone to use the Primary vault. So I deleted the vault and then tried to reset the phone app to sync with Primary. But I can't get into iPhone app on my phone because it still seems to have retained the old password that I've forgotten. I am now flummoxed.
I use 1P on my other devices and they all sync to Dropbox with no problems (fingers crossed).

How do I get out of the mess I've made. I for sure won't use a unique password on the phone, Help, please.

1Password Version: iOS 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:How to re-install 1P on my iPhone 8

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @learning curve! Since your data is safe on your other devices, you can try our steps just here to fully reset your 1Password data on your iPhone. Once you follow those, you'll be presented with the first-launch screen of the 1Password app and you can configure syncing to your existing Dropbox vault with the Dropbox option :)

Let me know how you get on, and I'll be right here to help more if you need it!

• learning curve
    learning curve
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! It worked!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of **Henry, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.