License PC with Mac standalone license file

I want to add my 1Password 7 standalone license to my Windows 10 Pro PC. How do I license on PC?

I'm currently using iCloud to sync among my other devices. I have iCloud Drive installed on my PC. Can I sync to that there, too?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win 10 pro
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:I have 1Password 7 Mac standalone. I just installed it on my PC, but it won't accept the same licens

Comments

• incolor
    incolor
    Community Member

In case you couldn't figure out, I have 1Password Mac installed on all my devices, and I want to install it on my Windows 10 Pro computer.

• Hello, @incolor! 1Password 7 for Mac and Windows are sold and licensed separately. If you'd like to use 1Password on your PC as well, you'd need to purchase a Windows license.

As for syncing, you can't sync via iCloud on Windows. 1Password for Mac uses native CloudKit for iCloud syncing which isn't available on Windows. Instead, we recommend using Dropbox or a 1Password membership (which would also include the 1Password apps across all of your devices, including Windows).

• incolor
    incolor
    Community Member

Hi.

On your website, it says:

Unlimited devices for unlimited freedom.
    With a 1Password membership, you can access all your passwords and other items from any of your devices, whether you’re online or offline. Apps for Mac, iOS, Windows, and Android are all included.

It says they're "all included." So is that only for 1Password membership subscriptions? Is the standalone license the nature of the problem?

• You've got it correct, @incolor – a 1Password membership includes the apps across every device you own (and all devices you may buy in the future). A standalone license is a license for the specific version of 1Password you purchased on the specific platform you purchased it for.

• incolor
    incolor
    Community Member

What's the cost of changing my license from 1P 7 Mac to the membership? I assume that membership includes upgrades.

• You've got it right again, @incolor, a 1Password membership includes free upgrades. If you purchased 1Password 7 recently, we could actually refund your license purchase. After all, you wouldn't need a license any more. :chuffed: In order to give you a more precise price, though, I'd need to look up your license purchase and know whether you'd prefer an individual or family membership (family includes up to 5 people). If you're interested, send an e-mail to sales@1password.com from the e-mail address you used to purchase your license letting them know you'd like to swap to a membership (either individual or family). If that e-mail address is the same you registered with on the forum, you can just let me know here when you've sent it and I can find your e-mail from there. If it's a different address, let me know the support ID you receive via auto-reply and that will allow me to hunt it down and get back to you ASAP. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.