Cant get 1Password to work on my Mac even though it works well on other devices.

Options
jmwardrop
jmwardrop
Community Member

I upgraded yesterday from 1password version 6.8.9 to the latest version. At first it seemed to work alright but then it refused to accept the new password that I had set for version 7. I tried the version 6 password on the off chance which then worked even though clearly it shouldn't have.

Now though it doesn't accept either password on my Mac (macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6). The password works perfectly on my Android Mobile and on my iPad Pro but not on my MAC which is the one I rely on most for 1password.

I am not a techie so my next actions may be silly but firstly I went into Finder on my MAC and moved 1Password Version 6.8.9 to Trash thinking there must be some conflict between the old versions and new versions of 1Password. This achieved nothing. I tried to delete the latest version of 1Password on my Mac with a view to reinstalling a fresh copy but when I went into Finder it told me I could not move Version 7 to Trash as it was still open.

I did change the Master Password as a last resort through the web version of 1Password and my mobile and iPad pro devices continue to work perfectly with the latest password. I STILL cannot access 1Password on my Mac. Apologies once again as I repeat I am not a techie but I am at a loss now on how to get 1Password working on my Mac which is the principle reason for having it. I wonder if anyone can help me.

1Password Version: Version 7 formerly Version 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS High Sierra 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jmwardrop
    jmwardrop
    Community Member
    Options

I have had to abandon the upgrade to 1password 7.2.2 as I have been unable to resolve the problems.I was having. I have reverted to Version 6.8.9 as the only way forward.

• Good morning @jmwardrop. I’m sorry for the trouble you had moving to 1Password 7. It sounds like your old standalone vault was getting in the way of using your new Master Password. I would suggest the following:

1. Open 1Password 7.
    2. Click on the Help menu and choose Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data
    3. Follow the prompts to reset.
    4. When you see the setup screen, click on the 1Password.com option and sign into your account using the latest Master Password.

That should do it, but please let me know if it does not.

• jmwardrop
    jmwardrop
    Community Member
    Options

As a 1Password user over many years the last couple of days have not been easy. With your help, which was crucial and then working everything through I believe that I am there across all of my devices. Fingers crossed! Thank you for your advice. Very much appreciated!

• My pleasure, happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.