To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I'm... using 1Password for free? (iOS App Store subscription not revoked, even though it expired)

Options
the4kman
the4kman
Community Member

Hi to all,

I've started the free trial of 1Password on November 7 via the iOS App Store and immediately cancelled it to prevent automatic billing. My subscription trial ended on December 7, yet I'm still able to use 1Password to this day. When I navigate to Account/Manage Subscription in the Mac app, it says that my subscription is active:

screenshot of the window that appears when navigating to Account/Manage Subscription

Obviously, I'm not complaining, but it would be nice to know why this happens.

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.2, iOS 12.1.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@the4kman: Hmm. If that's true, it's certainly odd. It can be a bit confusing with the App Store though, so I wouldn't take it for granted. If you could generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening, I'd really appreciate it:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@1password.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#UDX-54875-643]

If you’re reading this and you are not the4kman, this Support ID is for the4kman only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link it to our current conversation. Thanks in advance!

ref: UDX-54875-643

• the4kman
    the4kman
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Thank you for the reply, I've sent the diagnostic report.

• Thanks for sending that in @the4kman. :) :+1:

• @the4kman We provide an extra grace period beyond the expiration of the Apple Subscription itself before the account becomes read-only.

There were a couple of reasons for doing so. First and foremost we wanted to make sure that we didn't run into a scenario where a temporary failure to communicate with Apple's servers would cause accounts to incorrectly freeze. Secondly, we wanted to give a grace period for customers who had canceled their Apple Subscription but after the end of their subscription term decided to re-subscribe.

If you have canceled your subscription through iTunes then you will not be billed, and after a few weeks will see your account freeze to read-only mode.

• the4kman
    the4kman
    Community Member
    Options

@Jeff Shiner That clears things up. Thank you!

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear it @the4kman. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.